Monday, June 25, 2012

Sunday, June 24

Sunday was pretty uneventful, comparatively. I had to go back to Oxford Circus to pick up a SIM card for my phone. If you ask me, and I wouldn't, I would tell you that the entire thing is obnoxious. However, that is probably because I don't understand how it all works. Since I was down there, I took the walk down Regent Street to Picadilly Circus. Regent Street was absolutely packed, and both sides of the street are lined with every fashion store you could think of. The most congestion was in front of Abacrombie & Fitch, because women were clamoring to get their picture taken with the male models in their bathing suits. I figured I didn't need to stop because when you get to look at this in the mirror every morning, they have nothing to offer. (amiright?). I then headed back to the hotel to get some rest and do some writing. I was fortunate to be able to talk through FaceTime with my wife, Katie Jo, and my parents. During the few days that I was in the hotel I watched a lot of cricket, rugby, and Top Gear. It is good to see that they are showing the same reruns here as they do back in the states. This morning I packed all of my things and headed out to L'Arche Lambeth. I got here a little early, so I am taking this opportunity to do some writing while sitting on a small brick wall outside of The Dove, the house in Lambeth.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be waiting to hear about the first L'Arche experience!

    ReplyDelete